Monday evening fire

Summit volunteer firefighter Eric Hammond, center, looks into the attic of a house at 106 A.B. Thompson Road after an apparent electrical fire broke out around 5:20 p.m. Tenant Mae Lumar and her two adult daughters were inside the house owned by Kawanda Deer and managed to get out unharmed after a neighbor alerted them to the fire. The fire, which was confined to the attic, resulted in significant smoke and water damage, likely causing the house to be a total loss, a fire department official said.

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.